ARIO is a not for profit foundation based in Australia, established to bring together appropriate teams to undertake projects including those that
- Advance physical, emotional and spiritual health, education, culture or social or public welfare.
- Promote, provide or carry out activities, facilities or projects for the benefit or welfare of the community or any members who have a particular need by reason of youth, age, infirmity or disablement, poverty or social or economic circumstances.
- Advance and promote environmental and economic development.
- Promote physical, emotional and spiritual health.
We are a team of highly skilled industry professionals from around the globe, experienced in working with organisations and community groups to better understand complex issues, and take appropriate action. Each project team consists of consultants and researchers specifically suited to the assignment under consideration.
We have undertaken demonstrably successfully SenseMaker® narrative research projects in Cambodia, Singapore, The Philippines, Namibia, The Middle East, South Africa, Russia, South Pacific, Holland, Australia and New Zealand.
We work with Government Departments and Agencies, Private Sector Companies, Community and Non Government Organisations, and members of the community. Wherever possible, we involve people from the local community and sponsoring organisations, transferring skills knowledge and capabilities.
We reveal mutually beneficial solutions where others do not.
ARIO is successful because we…
- Assess each individual project, and tailor make the programme according to diverse and dynamic situations.
- Build collaborative relationships that support co-design and shared commitments.
- Use state of the art technology that harnesses multiple and diverse perspectives, and translates them into usable, sensible data.
- Use customised tools, methods and processes depending on context and scope
- Discover sufficient common ground among diverse perspectives and agendas for actions to be taken.
- Explore and challenge existing patterns of thinking and behaviour through embracing different priorities and agendas.
- Reveal a factual and accurate representation of the situation, free of bias, opinion and emotion.
- Create an environment where all stakeholders can agree on a mutually beneficial way forward.
The Tools and Methods
SenseMaker® is proprietary software developed by Cognitive Edge Pte Ltd, and all ARIO consultants and researchers are trained and accredited in the methodology. It is being used in a wide range of situations and environments, where an objective assessment of a complex environment is required, and/or assessment of the impact of initiatives. It is built on the experience of the people concerned, and ensures that their voices inform the understanding of needs, aspirations, priorities and impacts, without setting unrealistic aspirational expectations.
The professional team of facilitators and researchers are always guided by the local staff, and the client in the design of the data collection tools, and the interpretation of the data.